While some of you may know exactly where you want to get married, others will be more open to a range of options. Castle weddings have become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to stars like Madonna and Guy Ritchie. So here are some ideas for Castle Weddings and the most amazing venues.
There are quite a few exclusive locations like Madonna’s Skibo Castle, but let’s be realistic. Can you afford to fork out £34,000 to hire the place out for the night? Thought not. So what about these choices for both your ceremony and wedding reception – equally beautiful, but not so ridiculously expensive.
- Castle Rushen, The Isle of Man – a Medieval castle that can be hired out for £600
- Slane Castle, Nr Dublin, Ireland – 1,500-acre estate in the Boyne Valley
- Blairquhan Castle, Ayrshire, Scotland – a beautiful regency castle that caters for weddings
- Belfast Castle, Belfast, Northern Ireland – a 120-year-old castle with a licence for ceremonies as well as receptions
- Caerphilly Castle, Nr Cardiff, Wales – 13th-century castle with a tower that leans more than Pisa’s
- Leeds Castle, Kent, England – 12th-century castle just over an hour from London
Remember, even though these are special locations, you should always ask the Zankyou’s ten essential questions reception venue, in order to ensure you’ve covered all issues.