If you’re about to take the “big step” but still have a few doubts, don’t worry! It’s more common than you think. Deciding to walk up the aisle isn’t easy, and for as much as you’re in love, some people find making this decision incredibly difficult. If you’re one of these people, have a read of these 10 simple questions that will help remove any doubts.
To avoid any future surprises, take a few moments to answer these basic questions before making any big life decisions. They may seem obvious, but they’re not always present in every couple. So have a read, and if your answer is yes to all of them there is no need to doubt that your partner is your ideal match for you to spend the rest of your life with.
1. Are they always there when you need them, supporting you and helping you with everything? A partner should also be a friend, someone that listens, understands you, and above all else is there in good and bad times.
2. Do you love your partner just as they are? With all of their defects, virtues, habits, etc. No one is perfect, and the most essential thing is to accept each other just as they are without trying to change them.
3. Can youimagine life without them? Sometimes we don’t know what we have until it’s gone which is why it’s important to think for a second, what would happen if that person wasn’t around any more?
4. Do you already feel like a small family? A couple is the seed that then flourishes into a fully grown family. Whether you have children or not, you should feel a sense of unity and part of the same nuclear family bond.
5. Do you have fun and laugh together? It’s really important that your partner makes you laugh, makes you happy and makes you smile when you most need it.
6. Can you talk about anything? You should be able to talk about anything and everything with your partner and feel a sense of freedom and trust to do it at any time.
7. Are you faithful to each other? Fidelity is one of the most important values in a relationship but above all else, sincerity and trust should form part of your day to day lives.
8. Do you have independence and continue to enjoy your own space? Each person should be able to respect their partner’s space and personal time, whether that involves them spending time with their family, friends, their work or their hobbies.
9. Do you have a healthy sex life? Sex is a fundamental part of any couple and if it’s not working properly it can cause problems. For this reason it’s best not to have any taboos or subjects that are off limits. Enjoy each other but also respect what your partner may or may not like.
10. Do you enjoy living together? Conviviality is where we really see what another person is like. It’s more than normal for there to be friction at times as we’re all different, but nothing that can’t be resolved by talking about things calmly and being able to forgive and forget at the end of the day.
Have you answered yes to all of these questions? Then congratulations and we wish you all the best for your wedding!
Remember, these are just our suggestions and our informal advice. Just because you may not have answered yes to all the questions doesn’t mean that marriage isn’t for you or that your relationship isn’t right. We’re all human and we’re all different. Just remember to respect each other and always talk through anything that is bothering you and you’ll get a perfect score in no time.
Don't want to miss out on the latest trends for your wedding?
Subscribe to our newsletter.